One bedroom, two-story historic adobe casita with kiva fireplace and roof deck off the second floor bedroom.
Casa Gallina’s Bantam Roost is a quaint 100 year old adobe casita that is full of color, charm and romance. It has a full kitchen and second story bedroom with a roof deck and beautiful views of the mountains and valley. Casa Gallina’s Bantam Roost is great as a solo artist’s retreat or as a romantic “roost” for two. Come and stay here at the Bantam Roost you’ll be happy as a hen!
The Bantam Roost features:
- Brick and Saltillo tile floors downstairs and pine wooden floors upstairs
- Low ceilings with vigas throughout the house
- Mud plastered wood-burning kiva fireplace
- Antique rugs and furniture
- Fully equipped eat-in kitchen with wrap-around bancos
- Upstairs bedroom/bathroom suite with large wood deck and great views
- Queen-sized bed with oversized goose down quilts (guaranteed for allergy sensitive people)
- Fine cotton lines in summer and flannel linens in winter
- A wireless laptop computer with high speed Wifi
- Satellite television
- CD/DVD player
“We spent six nights in the Bantam Roost at Casa Gallina and could not have been more pleased. The Bantam Roost is a one-bedroom, two story casita with an outdoor deck off the bedroom. It was comfy and cozy and truly romantic.
Our host, Richard, greeted us warmly upon on our arrival, helped us with our bags and then spent time sharing his recommendations for the best restaurants, museums and attractions, along with his insider tips for enjoying Taos. An extraordinary cook, he surprised us daily with all kinds of goodies – rosemary scones, linzer torte, homemade potato chips, oatmeal cookies, etc. And we truly savored the fresh eggs he left us each morning courtesy of his resident hens.
Our casita was about 5 minutes by car from the center of Taos. The location on a quiet property just outside town allowed us to enjoy lovely sunrises, star-gazing, bird watching and utter relaxation.
Casa Gallina is a truly magical place and Richard is an extraordinary host. We will be back.”Maureen