Autumn Vacation in Taos
My favorite time of year. The days are dry and warm. The nights are beginning to get that chill that begs for a fire in your kiva fireplace. The mountains are ablaze with golden aspens and glorious hiking. And the arts are coming alive with new energy!
- Perfect hiking weather. Couldn’t ask for more.
- More Amazing Festivals: The Paseo. (a vibrant new outdoor art festival with experimental context-responsive installations, performances, digital murals and participatory art pieces throughout the Taos historic district. This one has taken Taos by storm!) Taos Fall Arts Festival. Old Taos Trade Fair. Taos Wool Festival. San Geronimo Day at Taos Pueblo. SOMOS Storytelling Festival. Sabor: The Taste of Taos
- Harvest Time! Farmer’s Markets are now three days a week. Taos Famer’s Market on Saturday mornings on The Plaza and Red Willow Market at Taos Pueblo on Wednesdays and Sundays! And here at Casa Gallina – the gardens and apple orchards are yours for the pickin!
- Go raspberry picking at Saman Ranch in Mora! (a stunning drive for an afternoon!) I go every year and make a year’s worth of jam!
- Take a drive along the High Road and stop in at artists studios.
- The Dixon Studio Tour in November is a great one!